These terms of service (“Terms of Service”) govern your use of John Wiley & Sons, Inc. and its subsidiaries’ (“Wiley”) websites, services and applications (the “Services”). By using or accessing the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 12 below. There may be instances when we offer additional terms specific to a product, application or service. To the extent such additional terms conflict with these Terms of Service, the additional terms associated with the product, application or service, with respect to your use of the product, application or service, will prevail. References to “us,” “we,” and “our” mean John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
1. USING THE SERVICES
Some Services may allow you to:
- Add your own original content or post your content in blog or user comment areas (“Your Content”). Remember that all information that is disclosed in blog, comment or other public areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to share any of your personal information as part of Your Content
- Use the Services as modified with Your Content
- Arrange for third parties to have access to Your Content subject to these Terms of Service
By submitting Your Content to the Services, you hereby grant Wiley a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, distribute, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, perform and display Your Content in connection with the Services and Wiley’s business, including without limitation for promoting the Services, in all media now known or hereafter devised through any media channels. You acknowledge that use of the Services is for your personal use only.
Except as expressly permitted herein, you shall not:
- Access the Services by any means other than instructions provided by Wiley
- Use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose
- Share with any third party any access codes or account information, including without limitation your username and password that you may create or Wiley may provide in connection with the Services
And/Or upload, post or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content that:
- Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, discriminatory, sexually oriented or tortious;
- Infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party;
- Constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail, or any form of lottery or gambling;
- Constitutes the selling or trading of any merchandise;
- Constitutes the soliciting for advertisers/sponsors; conducting contests/raffles; displaying advertising/sponsorship art; promoting, soliciting or participating in chain letters or marketing/pyramid schemes;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party;
- Contains links to sites that violate these Terms of Service, such as pornographic sites, defamatory sites, and so on; or
- Impersonates any person or entity.
We generally do not pre-screen, monitor or edit the content posted by users of the Services. However, we have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, in our judgment, does not comply with the foregoing or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. We are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content.
You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your access codes and account information. You must notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your access codes or account information.
All rights (including without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, patents and trade secrets) in the Services and the content contained therein, other than Your Content, (“Wiley Content”) are and will remain the sole and exclusive property of Wiley and/or its licensors. No title to or ownership of any portion of the Services, the Wiley Content or any other products or services manufactured, sold and/or distributed or otherwise made available by Wiley, or any proprietary rights related to those products/services, is or will be transferred pursuant to or by virtue of this agreement. Wiley hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive, nonsublicensable, revocable license to display and reproduce the Wiley Content (other than software code) solely for your personal use in connection with using the Services in accordance with these Terms of Service.
You may from time to time provide Wiley with suggestions, ideas or other feedback regarding the Services (“Feedback”). Both parties agree that Wiley shall own such Feedback and is entitled, but not obligated, to use, develop and exploit it in any manner, without restriction or duty to compensate or seek permission from you.